For the past couple of weeks we have being doing the “Equipped To Share” series and it’s been such a blessing to do this home study with a great group of ladies. This past week our homework was to memorize the gospel. The idea behind this is that if we commit to memory the salvation message, when the opportunity arises to share it will take some of the fear and anxiety out of it. I’ve been walking with the Lord over eleven years and it still is a bit intimidating to share with others about Jesus. For me, fear comes from the unknown, “What if they ask me a question I don’t know the answer to?” “What if I can’t remember the verses?”, “What if I stumble over my words?”, “What if they think I’m crazy?”or worse “What if they reject me?”
There are so many reasons we can give for not sharing the gospel but they mean nothing in light of the one reason we should share.
Matthew 28:18-20 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.
So here’s a couple of tips on sharing your Faith with others.
- Share simply.- Share what you know! There is no extra credit for complicated theology. Jesus Christ Crucified.
- Prepare to share.- There are a lot of ways that you can share the gospel for example The Wordless book, Romans Road, The Four Spiritual Laws. Pick one that is easy for you to memorize to help you share the gospel. Below is the Salvation Steps by Pastor Greg I find this one the easiest to remember.
- Realize you’re a sinner
- Recognize Christ died for you
- Repent of your sins
- Receive Christ as Savior and Lord
- Just do it!- Seriously the only way to get over the fear is to share with many people, the more you share with the more comfortable you will be and the easier it will become.
Who will you share the Gospel truth with this week?